At long last, thanks some cool guys from Japan and Playism, スチールストーム (Steel Storm) has hit Japanese market of video games! We are very excited!
On the other note, Steel Storm got a cool patch on Steam. You get to have a Weapon Shop aka Loadout Terminal (you would know that if you played ToD mod)!! Now you get to re-arm you tank at the beginning of every mission during Burning Retribution campaign or do so during the battle! It's a very cool feature! Imagine yourself battling through the hordes of enemies that are taking over. You miss your beam cannon Not a problem! Go back to the Weapon Shop, grab the Beam and whoop enemy's ass one more time!
I found (or rather Google did) a rare gem on the vast space of the Internet. A best review of the Steel Storm demo, ever! Please check it out:
We have released our secret internal prototype of the MOBA game mode called Steel Storm: Towers of Doom for free for all of the Steel Storm users on Steam!
Towers of Doom, or ToD as we call it, is simply a mod for Steel Storm: Burning Retribution. To run it you have to right click on Steel Storm: Burning Retribution in your Steam games Library, go to Properties and then to Set Launch Options. Copy and paste the following to the options field:
-game tod -customgameuserdirname steelstorm-tod
Once that is done, next time you launch the game you will end up in the ToD mod. You can either Join existing game or Host your own game. We have 2 official servers running at this moment. As usual, you can launch your own dedicated server for ToD using launch_tod_server.bat or run your in-game server.
For Q&A and discussion of the ToD mod, please join Steam forums HERE
ATTENTION: The mod is in it's early alpha stage. There might be bugs. There are no global leaderboards yet. The more people play it the higher the probability of ToD becoming fully fledged game mode of the Steel Storm or even a standalone game with totally new levels, enemies, visuals and global online leaderboards (most likely Steamworks).
DISCLAIMER: Kot-in-Action disclaims all warranties. Steel Storm: Towers of Doom Mod is provided "As Is" and without warranty. Kot-in-Action does not warrant that Steel Storm: Towers of Doom Mod or the operation of it will be uninterrupted or error-free or that Steel Storm: Towers of Doom Mod will meet your specific or special requirements.
Heading to Seattle, WA today to meet Kot-in-Action's lead coder, codename "daemon"! It will be team reunion so to speak
Sounds like we might be meeting some important people there. Keeping my fingers crossed already, hoping it will all go well. The photo session and the trip diary will be coming after we come back August 30th. Stay tuned.
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution got it's new update and it was bumped up to version 2.00.02818. Here is the changelog to keep you out of the dark:
- fixed a bug that was setting the end game flag always true on showing end mission scores
- fixed a bug that was checking the wrong variable when preparing scoreboard stats
- fixed a bug that was checking the wrong variable for mission end when drawing mission score options
- fixed a bug that was displaying time left below 0 when viewing end mission scores and the server is slow
- fixed a bug that was causing the wrong ping to display in the end mission scores
- fixed a bug that was incorrectly coloring score highlighting in the end mission scores
- increased the brightness of the highlight color for the score listing the local player
- removed the player score placing as a stat and moved it to the normal score stat updater (updated when mission is complete)
- the Message of The Day notification system
- scores now send to clients at a 1 at a time basis instead of updating all scores at once even if most of them are unchanged
- added ping to the scoreboard
- added damage dealt and accuracy to the scoreboard (damage dealt exists in old scoreboard files)
- fixed a bug that was drawing Storm Shield hits wrong against objects with shields
- fixed a bug that was not saving player profile/config after the game updates their profile
- fixed a bug that was setting revision wrong for new profiles
- floored some values in the scoreboard to avoid decimals
- decreased font size on the scoreboard to fit more stats in
- increased size of the scoreboard
- rewrote major portions of the scoreboard code to easily allow more stats and more game modes to be added
- scoreboard columns now adjust to the scoreboard stat titles to avoid translated text overlapping each other
The game is still at 50% off, come and get it! Support cool indie games!
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution is sold at 50% off it's regular price on Steam. Click here to get the treasure!
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution for Linux is only $2.99 until July 5th !!! Enjoy your gaming Summer !!!