Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution is a top down action shooter with old school spirit. It marks the return of top-down shooters with new twists. The game has score-oriented competitive gameplay, and is designed for people who like fast paced action, hordes of smart enemies, destructible worlds and ground shaking explosions.
The events take place in an alternative universe where you control an advanced hovertank, packed with the most advanced and sophisticated weapons. Your task is simple, but nevertheless not trivial. In the fight against, what appear to be extraterrestrial invaders, you must prevail!
- Enjoy fast paced and streamlined gameplay
- Engage in online warfare with up to 16 players in any of the multi-player modes
- Pave your way to victory with the burning remains of your enemies through 25 different missions
- Complete Challenges and unlock First-Person camera mode
- Create new missions or modify existing ones using the unique real-time collaborative mission editor and share them with the world
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution knowledge base
- Background Story of Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
- How to play Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
- Characters and enemies (Steel Storm: Burning Retribution)
- Hovertank Weapons
- Equipment, structures and items
- OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / MacOS X 10.6 + / Linux
- CPU: 2.0 Ghz+ dual core
- Video: GF 7600+, or Radeon HD 2600 with 256 Mb of VRAM, or Intel HD Graphics 3000 (512Mb of VRAM highly recommended)
- RAM: 2Gb of RAM (3Gb and more highly recommended)
Steel Storm mods and DLCs
Initially, Steel Storm was designed to be an episodic game. However, as DLC gained popularity among users and developers, it was decided to drop episodic model and expand the first installment with various DLC packs.
Steel Storm: Towers of Doom MOBA mod
Kot-in-Action Creative Artel was experimenting with new directions of the gameplay and came up with Towers of Doom; a very experimental prototype of MOBA mod for Steel Storm: Burning Retribution. The mod was released in September of 2011 to the public as an unsupported prototype to test its popularity and acceptance among game's fans. Further development is not planned at this time.
To play Towers of Doom, launch Steel Storm: Burning Retribution with the -game tod argument.
Steel Storm Weapon Pack DLC
The new arsenal has arrived! Rediscover Burning Retribution campaign using new weapons and gadgets in the single-player mode or with your friends.
- Advanced Beam Cannon: Raw power at the tip of your finger. A controllable, continuously emitting purple beam of energy is designed to lead enemies or opponents with ease and burn them to ashes.
- Repair Gun: Lose your Friendly Tank no more! This amazing tech repairs and resurrects friendly units and co-op buddies on the go!
- Booster: Grab your booster and become a hasty nemesis to your foes! Strap this baby on to go supersonic, outrun projectiles and outmaneuver your enemies and opponents.
Steel Storm 2
Steel Storm 2 is a new game from Kot-in-Action Creative Artel, who brought you the legendary Steel Storm: Burning Retribution arcade shooter.
Steel Storm 2 knowledge base
System requirements (subject to change)
OS: Linux / Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
CPU: 2.0 Ghz+ dual core
Video: GF 7600 or Radeon HD 2600 with 256 Mb of VRAM
RAM: 2Gb of RAM